COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
In lieu of our standard policy, our guests will be offered the following cancellation and payment policy;
- 60-90 days or more in advance of departure, full refund minus a $250 processing fee or transfer to another tour in 2021 or 2022. Transfer can be made to a friend or family member.
- 30 days, transfer to or defer payment to another tour in 2021 or 2022.
- Under 30 days, transfer to another tour in 2021 or 2022 minus any non-refundable hotel payments incurred.
COVID-19 Final Payment Policy
Final payment is due 30 days prior to departure.
- Please note that we are in constant contact with local jurisdictions and accommodations when we decide to move forward with a tour in a specific region.
We understand that personal circumstances sometimes force people to cancel their travel plans. Therefore, we have tried to be as generous as possible with our following policy:
We recommend a “cancel for any reason policy” with any reputable travel insurance group. Allianz Travel Insurance is our recommendation. Many of our guests have used them in the past and never reported a problem. 1-866-884-3556
Here’s what Elaine M. wrote after a fall during our group tour of Blue Ridge Parkway in 2013:
“I also want to Thank You for recommending travel insurance! It was essential for $122. I believe my hospital bills will be covered or minimal, but the primary benefit was leaving it to them to arrange my way home with an EMT medic. I couldn’t fly from Asheville because the planes were small and required climbing a dozen stairs. They arranged a comfortable car to Mississippi, 1st class seats and a comfortable car to my home. All in all, life is good!”
We offer the following cancellation policy for our shorter, domestic tours that require a $500 deposit to sign up. In the rare case that Cycle of Life Adventures must cancel a trip due to low enrollment, we will do so at least 45 days prior to departure. If we cancel fewer than 45 days prior to departure, we will issue you a full refund plus a $400 credit toward any of our other tours within a calendar year.
Exceptions to our cancellation policy cannot be made for any reason, including weather, civil unrest, terrorism, natural disasters or personal, family and medical emergencies. In all cases, we will not be responsible for any personal expenses incurred such as airline tickets, hotels or car rentals. Cycle of Life Adventures reserves the right to make route and lodging modifications as needed.
No refunds will be made for meals, services or lodging paid for, but not used.
- 90+ days before tour departure: 100% refund
- 60-90 days before tour departure: forfeit $250 office processing fee
- 30-59 days before tour departure: forfeit 50% of the complete tour price.
- Under 30 days before tour departure: forfeit 100% of the complete tour price.
- No refunds are possible after the tour begins.
- Refund policies differ for “Epic” tours
In addition, you may transfer 100% minus the deposit to another trip 31 day days before departure. On US trips, you may also transfer 50% of the trip price 0 to 30 days before departure. Cycle of Life Adventures will hold any “transfer funds” on account for one calendar year. Any money left on account beyond this deadline will be forfeited.
On our tours, you’ll be required to follow the safety policies and procedures of Cycle of Life Adventures, LLC and our guide. Also, you’ll be required to sign a Participant Assumption of Risks, Acknowledgement of Inherent Risks and Indemnity Agreement in favor of Cycle of Life Adventures, LLC upon your arrival to the tour.
Tours more than 13 days in length are considered Epic. Please see the specific epic and cross-country tour descriptions for information regarding our cancellation and transfer policy for those tours.