- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
This 4-day riding and social event will be designed for rider levels from Recreational to Advanced. The design of this tour keeps us in Asheville for all four nights. There will be one low cost of $895 per person for up to four days of riding. You will have all maps and GPS routing, van support at 10-15 mile intervals, mechanical support, energy drinks, dinners, riding snacks, brewery tour and an occasional van ride for those who are tired. Guests will pay for their own rooms and will be responsible for their own transportation and bicycle shipment. Our base camp hotel will be the TownePlace Suites in downtown Asheville and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Or, you and your group may opt to rent a VRBO or Airbnb in the local area. There will be a casual catered meal and a complimentary Wine and Brew social on our first evening. The group ride will be limited to the first 20 riders. Route maps will become available when you sign up.
We will ride quiet, country roads in great little towns near: Weaverville, Barnardsville, Mt. Mitchell, Mt. Pisgah, Marshall and the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway.
Minimum Group Size
Fly in and out of Asheville Airport. Arrive to the starting hotel for cocktails and dinner by 6 pm on May 2. Riding will start on the morning of May 3. Our final ride will complete on May 6 by 3pm. Room reservations will be necessary ASAP at the TownePlace Suites or choose any Asheville area hotel.
Lodging is not included
- Dozens of downtown Asheville hotels and Airbnbs ranging from budget to luxury level.
- Campsites near Asheville: Campfire Lodgings and Powhatan Lake Campground
- Souvenir jersey
- Mountain bike guide
- Roundtrip transportation service for a rider and a bicycle to and from the Asheville airport can be arranged.
Orientation: Casual Dinner/Beer and Wine Social (included in your package); 6 – 7:30pm on the night before we ride.
- Profiles for longer rides. Ride with GPS mapping available upon registration. Rides may vary slightly if construction or closures occur.
- Afternoon thunderstorms are common. Good advice is to start early for longer rides.
Short Ride Weaverville – Loop (25.4 miles) Afternoon available for your choice of activities in town, hikes, floating on the French Broad, art studios. 5pm: New Belgium Brew Tour and tasting. Casual meal on your own at the food trucks.
Long Ride Weaverville – Leicester – Marshall Loop (50.4 miles) 5pm: New Belgium Brewery Tour and tasting. Casual meal on your own at the food trucks.
Short Ride 18 miles -/+ in town, Touring of the River Arts District, 15 miles of cycling available on Biltmore Estate touring by bicycle for those who are holding tickets. (Tickets can be reserved one week in advance for everyone interested at no extra cost. You are our guest.)
Additional mileage can be arranged.
Short Ride Asheville – South on the Blue Ridge Pkwy – Pisgah Inn – Lunch options available (32 – 64 miles) van options
Long Ride Asheville – South on the Blue Ridge Pkwy to Pisgah – Brevard – Lunch Options – Ride back to Pisgah or Asheville. (64 – 113 miles)
Short Ride Asheville Blue Ridge – Craggy Gardens – Hike – and return to Asheville (36 miles)
Long Ride Asheville – Blue Ridge Pkwy – Mt. Mitchell (66 miles, 7700′ of climbing)
- Unbelievable riding
- Biltmore Estate tour
- Additional information for local attractions
- Mechanic (tipping suggested)
- Every day will include shorter casual options and “advanced” options. Distances can vary from 18 miles of intown touring to a choice of metric century rides.
- Group Dinners
- One Group Activity
- 12% gratuity for guides, mechanics, volunteers and tour staff is not included, but greatly appreciated
No Details Found