- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
At Maroon Bells Scenic Area, you can explore a glacial valley surrounded by 14,000-foot peaks, view vast fields of wildflowers, and be close to nature. Mirrored in Maroon Lake, the Maroon Bells tower like massive sentinels over the valley. The Maroon Bells are the most photographed peaks in all of North America.
The White River National Forest is a dream come true for those with a love for the outdoors. The area offers world-renown ski resorts, the beautiful mountain passes of Independence, McClure, Vail, Tennessee, and crystal-clear mountain rivers. All these natural and man-made wonders provide some of the most scenic cycling backdrops the nation has to offer. The beautiful ski towns offer fine dining opportunities, spectacular shopping and outstanding recreational opportunities. Take the time and explore all of the towns that we ride through.
Aspen, Leadville, Vail, Maroon Bells, Glenwood Springs
Assembly Point: Frisco, CO
Departure Point: Glenwood Springs, CO
- Airline service to Denver, commercial shuttle service by Colorado Mountain Express, is available to Frisco, CO.
- You will need to arrive in Frisco by 6:30 p.m. on Day 1.
- Or, fly into Eagle/Vail Airport by 3 p.m. and we can pick up there on Day 1.
- Drop off time at Eagle Vail Airport on the last day is 6 p.m.
- Amtrak serves Glenwood Springs to Denver.
- Extra night may be purchased in Glenwood Springs.
Special Note: Commercial shuttle service is available to and from Denver International. This trip starts and ends in different locations , but is easily scheduled.
All lodging is included
- Meeting point, if driving, is the Ramada Inn-Frisco, CO.
Orientation: 5:00pm held on the night before we ride.
Frisco – Vail
31.5 miles; 1847′ elevation
Vail – Tennessee Pass – Minturn – Leadville
38 miles; 3834′ elevation
Leadville – Independence Pass – Aspen
55.2 miles; 3680′ elevation
Maroon Bells and/or Ashcroft cycling and hiking
61.1 miles; 5522′ elevation
Snowmass – Carbondale – Glenwood Springs
42 miles; 595′ elevation
- All lodging
- Breakfasts and dinners, some picnic lunches
- Cocktail social hour on first night of the tour
- Van support
- 2 experienced leaders
- GPS maps
- Written cue sheets and narratives
- Meals on off days
- 12% gratuity for guides, mechanics, volunteers and staff is not included, but greatly appreciated
No Details Found