Aspen High Country Bike Tour
At Maroon Bells Scenic Area, you can explore a glacial valley surrounded by 14,000-foot peaks, view vast fields of wildflowers, and be close to nature. Mirrored in Maroon Lake, the Maroon Bells tower like massive sentinels over the valley. The Maroon Bells are the most photographed peaks in all of North America.
The White River National Forest is a dream come true for those with a love for the outdoors. The area offers world-renown ski resorts, the beautiful mountain passes of Independence, McClure, Vail, Tennessee, and crystal-clear mountain rivers. All these natural and man-made wonders provide some of the most scenic cycling backdrops the nation has to offer. The beautiful ski towns offer fine dining opportunities, spectacular shopping and outstanding recreational opportunities. Take the time and explore all of the towns that we ride through.
Aspen, Leadville, Vail, Maroon Bells, Glenwood Springs
Active – Advanced
- 227 miles total
- 30 – 61 miles daily
- elevation of 15,478 feet
Assembly Point: Frisco, CO
Departure Point: Glenwood Springs, CO
- Airline service to Denver, commercial shuttle service by Colorado Mountain Express, is available to Frisco, CO.
- You will need to arrive in Frisco by 6:30 p.m. on Day 1.
- Or, fly into Eagle/Vail Airport by 3 p.m. and we can pick up there on Day 1.
- Drop off time at Eagle Vail Airport on the last day is 6 p.m.
- Amtrak serves Glenwood Springs to Denver.
- Extra night may be purchased in Glenwood Springs.
Special Note: Commercial shuttle service is available to and from Denver International. This trip starts and ends in different locations , but is easily scheduled.
All meals are included
All lodging is included
- All lodging
- Breakfasts and dinners, some picnic lunches
- Cocktail social hour on first night of the tour
- Van support
- 2 experienced leaders
- GPS maps
- Written cue sheets and narratives
- Meals on off days
- 12% gratuity for guides, mechanics, volunteers and staff is not included, but greatly appreciated
- Meeting point, if driving, is the Ramada Inn-Frisco, CO.
- Offered as a custom tour in 2023.
- Single Room Supplement - $700
- RENTAL BIKES:
Road Bike - $175
Orientation: 5:00pm held on the night before we ride.
Frisco – Vail31.5 miles; 1847′ elevation
Vail – Tennessee Pass – Minturn – Leadville38 miles; 3834′ elevation
Leadville – Independence Pass – Aspen55.2 miles; 3680′ elevation
Maroon Bells and/or Ashcroft cycling and hiking61.1 miles; 5522′ elevation
Snowmass – Carbondale – Glenwood Springs
42 miles; 595′ elevation
Total: 227 miles
Elevation: 15,478 feet
The GPS map below shows the entire EPIC Colorado Bike Tour, of which this Aspen High Country Tour is Segment Two.