Aspen High Country Bike Tour
At Maroon Bells Scenic Area, you can explore a glacial valley surrounded by 14,000-foot peaks, view vast fields of wildflowers, and be close to nature. Mirrored in Maroon Lake, the Maroon Bells tower like massive sentinels over the valley. The Maroon Bells are the most photographed peaks in all of North America.
The White River National Forest is a dream come true for those with a love for the outdoors. The area offers world-renown ski resorts, the beautiful mountain passes of Independence, McClure, Vail, Loveland, and crystal clear mountain rivers. All of these natural and man-made wonders provide some of the most scenic cycling backdrops the nation has to offer. The beautiful ski towns offer fine dining opportunities, spectacular shopping and outstanding recreational opportunities. Take the time and explore all of the towns that we ride through.
Aspen, Leadville, Vail, Breckenridge, Glenwood Springs
Active – Advanced
- 250 miles total
- 30 – 77 miles daily
- elevation of 21,177 feet
Assembly Point: Glenwood Springs
- Airline service to Denver, commercial shuttle service by Colorado Mountain Express, provided to Glenwood Springs.
- Amtrak serves Denver to Glenwood Springs.
- Or, fly into Eagle/Vail Airport by 3pm and we will provide shuttle service.
- You will need to arrive in Glenwood Springs by 4:30pm.
- Drop off time at Denver International: June 23, 6:00pm.
- Extra night may be purchased in Denver.
Special Note: Commercial shuttle service is available to and from Denver International. This trip starts and ends in different locations, but is easily scheduled.
All meals are included
All lodging is included
- All lodging
- Breakfasts and dinners, some picnic lunches
- Cocktail social hour on first night of the tour
- Van support
- 2 experienced leaders
- GPS maps
- Written cue sheets and narratives
Meeting point, if driving, is the Hampton Inn (226 Cardondelet St, New Orleans, LA 70130)
- July 17 – 23, 2021
- Saturday – Friday
Orientation: 5:00pm held on the night before we ride.
Glenwood Spring – Aspen42.1 miles; 3214′ elevation
Aspen – Snowmass or Maroon Bells (hike) – Aspen60.9 miles; 5520′ elevation
Aspen – Independence Pass – Twin Lakes – Leadville77.6 miles; 7920′ elevation
Leadville – Tennessee Pass – Minturn – Vail37.5 miles; 1830′ elevation
Vail – Frisco – Breckenridge – Frisco
30.1 miles; 2693′ elevation
Total: 250 miles
Elevation: 21,177 feet