Charleston to Savannah Bike Tour
The Low Country of South Carolina and Georgia is known for its fabulous seafood and southern cuisine. This delightful Epicurean Tour is sure to please. You will need a good day of riding and activity after an evening dining in Charleston, Beaufort or Savannah. Charleston alone boasts 600-plus eateries. The area has become a Mecca for culinary graduates. You will be surprised at Elli’s version of Frogmore Stew, as we dine under the stars on beautiful Fripp Island.
The town of Charleston is known for it’s historic district, lovely architecture, brick alleys and Civil War sites. Upon your arrival in Charleston, enjoy walking and pedaling past grand mansions, battlegrounds beneath canopies of Live Oaks. The Fall season on the South Carolina coast offers mild temperatures, lower humidity and less traffic and tourism. While the spring season offers shades of brilliant green vegetation and young birds taking flight. What a great time to cycle and work off the Thanksgiving calories.
As we head south from Charleston, we will ride through one of the East Coast’s largest protected estuarine systems: the ACE Basin (Ashepoo, Combahee, Edisto River System). Currently, there are 217,000 acres protected by federal, state, local and private parties. Here we will enjoy kayaking and walks along raised boardwalk among cypress swamps and wetlands. Continuing south, we enjoy beautiful semi-tropic forest and white sand beaches on Hunting, Fripp and Edisto Islands.
We wrap up our final days with riding, dining, and sight seeing in and around the historic water front towns of Beaufort, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia.
- Total: Up to 225 miles
- Daily: 15 – 60 miles
TravelFly in and out of Charleston, South Carolina
Included are all breakfasts, picnic lunches when riding, and dinner on riding days.
All accommodations are included starting the night prior to riding. You may opt to stay over the weekend, at your expense.
- An orientation dinner and social hour
- All breakfasts, picnic lunches when riding, and dinner on riding days.
- Cue sheets
- Ride with GPS turns
- 2 guides
- Baggage transfer
- Van shuttle to and from the airport
- Van support while riding
- Guided Kayak or hiking tour in the ACE Basin
- Meals on off days
- 12% gratuity for guides, mechanics, volunteers and tour staff is not included, but greatly appreciated
- Spring and Fall Tours: airport pick up time is 2pm. Drop off time is 4pm. Or, meet at our starting hotel where you will leave your car for the week.
- Hotels, riding details and profiles for this tour will be included in your registration package, or in advance by request.
- Total elevation gain for this tour is 2155 feet. This riding tour is very flat and suggested as recreational, but skills riding in light city traffic are necessary. Happy riding and Bon Appetit!
- November 5 – 11, 2022
- November 13 – 19, 2022
- 6 Days | 6 Nights
Local riding and walking tour of Charleston16 riding miles; 156′ elevation gain
Charleston – James Island – Charleston51 miles; 719′ elevation gain
Charleston Trail & local cycling – Ace Basin Kayaking, birding and hiking, shuttle to Beaufort
Beaufort – Lady’s Island – Helen’s Island – Hunting Island State Park – Fripp Island26 or 52 miles; 347′ elevation gain
Fripp – Hunting Island – Beaufort – Shuttle to Savannah57.2 miles; 335′ elevation gain
Savannah local riding – Departure Luncheon – shuttle to Charleston64 miles; 598′ elevation gain