Epic Colorado Bike Tour
Adventurous Cycling Trips in Colorado – Create an “EPIC” ride!
We have taken two of our Colorful Colorado Rockies routes and our most recent addition, “Colorado FUNDO”, and combined them all, creating 17 days of incredible and challenging rides. The Epic Colorado Bike Tour provides a few of Colorado’s most iconic climbs: Independence, Tennessee, Vail, Ute, Hoosier, keebler, McClure Passes, The Colorado Monument, Grande Mesa and Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
Our first leg of Epic Colorado starts on the western slopes and includes Glenwood Springs, Crested Butte, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Grand Mesa, wine country of Palisade and The Colorado National Monument. You will experience some of the most photographed mountain scenery in the world, while in the Aspen High Country. You’ll enjoy small resort towns, climb a dozen of Colorado’s highest passes and cruise past dramatic canyon walls. We have even been known to be non-invited participants in a local cattle drive. Our final Leg of the Epic is your time to start winding down or finish strong. Our Colorado Fundo leg keeps us in Frisco for four days. There you can opt for short or long routes, daily. Or, choose non-cycling options instead.
To make your ride safe and enjoyable, your guides have 45 years of experience and knowledge of the Colorado routes. In addition to cycling, we have 3 partial days built in so that you might enjoy activities like fly fishing, kayaking, rafting, hiking, golf or spa experiences.
Total miles and elevation TBD
- Fly into Grand Junction Airport or meet at our starting hotel on Thursday, July 17, 2021, at 2pm.
- Drop off time is July 27 at 3pm in Denver.
- Commercial transfers to and from Denver will be the financial responsibility of the guest. Colorado Mountain Express has very reasonable rates and we will help with scheduling.
MealsAll breakfasts, dinners and picnic lunches on riding days.
All lodging is included
Highlighted Hotels: Wine Country Inn • Westin Aspen • Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge
- Breakfast, picnic lunch and dinner on all riding days
- Cocktail social hour on the first night of each segment.
- Transfers from designated areas on segments 2 and 3 will be provided.
- GPS mapping
- Snacks and refreshments
- Park entry fees
- 2 guides
- Van support.
- Transportation to and from off-day activities is included, but guest is responsible for activity fees.
Segment I (July 10 – 17, 2021) – Wine Country & National Monument
- Guests should fly into Grand Junction, CO.
- New guest pick up in Glenwood Springs, CO, on July 17 by noon if you have taken a commercial shuttle to and from Denver International.
- We will drop guests off who are not continuing on segment II by 3 pm at Grand Junction Airport.
Segment II (July 17 – 23, 2021) – Aspen and the High Country
- New guest pick up in Glenwood Springs by 4pm on our start date. Drop off of guests not continuing on Segment III will in Frisco for shuttle to Denver International Airport on July 23 by 5pm.
Segment III (July 23 – 27, 2021) – Colorado FUNDO
Guests arriving by air transportation should use a commercial shuttle service from Denver International Airport to Frisco. We can pick you and your bike up at the transfer point in downtown Frisco.
When departing this tour, you may take the shuttle service back to Denver International at your leisure or catch a ride with the COLA driver at 4pm for a 6pm Airport arrival.
- July 10 – 27, 2021
- Segment 1 (July 10 – 17, 2021)
- Segment 2 (July 17 – 23, 2021)
- Segment 3 (July 23 – 27, 2021)
- Priced by segments or as a whole tour.
- Segment 1 - $3195
- Segment 2 - $2995
- Segment 3 - $595 - $1595
- Single Room Supplement - $1700
- RENTAL BIKES:
Road Bike - $195 per segment
Note: Cocktail social hour on the first night of each segment
Palisade Orchard Loop
39.8 miles; 1042′ elevation
Grand Junction – CO National Monument – Fruita – Grand Junction
41.1 miles; 2876′ elevation
Palisade – Powderhorn – Grand Mesa – Cedaredge
49.5 miles; 6307′ elevation
Cedaredge – Orchard City – Hotchkiss – Paonia
43.9 miles; 2190′ elevation
Paonia – Crawford – Black Canyon of the Gunnison – Gunnison – Crested Butte
110 miles; 8515′ elevation
Crested Butte – Keebler Pass – McClure Pass – Redstone
58.0 miles; 4640′ elevation
Redstone – Glenwood Springs
31.4 miles; 377′ elevation
Glenwood Springs – Carbondale – Rio Grand Trail – Aspen
46.7 miles; 4177′ elevation
Snowmass – Maroon Bells – Ashcroft – Snowmass
61.1 miles; 5522′ elevation
Snowmass – Aspen – Independence Pass – Leadville
66.8miles; 6476′ elevation
Leadville – Tennessee Pass – Battle Mountain – Vail
51.4 miles; 3578′ elevation
Vail – Vail Pass – Copper Mountain – Frisco
30.1 miles; 2795′ elevation
Frisco – Montezuma (Loveland Pass as additional option) – Frisco
34.5 miles; 2038′ elevation
Frisco – Copper Mountain – Vail Pass – Vail and return
58.1 miles; 4593′ elevation
Frisco – Breckenridge – Hoosier Pass or to Swan Mountain
32.7 – 42.1 miles; 1673 or 2954′ elevation
Frisco – Ute Pass – Frisco
47.3 miles; 2785′ elevation