Epic Colorado Bike Tour
Adventurous Cycling Trips in Colorado – Create an “EPIC” ride!
We have taken two of our Colorful Colorado Rockies routes and our most recent addition, “Colorado FUNDO”, and combined them all, creating 17 days of incredible and challenging rides. The Epic Colorado Bike Tour provides a few of Colorado’s most iconic climbs: Independence, Tennessee, Vail, Ute, Hoosier, Keebler, McClure Passes, The Colorado Monument, Grande Mesa and Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
Our start up leg of the Epic Colorado Bike Tour is your time to start a soft warm up or hit it hard. Our Colorado Fundo stage keeps us in Frisco for four days. There you can opt for short or long routes, daily. Or choose non-cycling options instead.
The second stage of Epic Colorado Bike Tour provides a few of Colorado’s most iconic climbs: Independence, Tennessee, Vail, Keebler, McClure Passes. You will experience some of the most photographed mountain scenery in the world, while in the Aspen High Country. You’ll enjoy small resort towns, climb a dozen of Colorado’s highest passes and cruise past dramatic canyon walls.
Our third stage of Epic Colorado starts in the central Colorado mountains and includes Glenwood Springs, Crested Butte, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Grand Mesa, wine country of Palisade and The Colorado National Monument.. We have even been known to be non-invited participants in a local cattle drive while enroute.
To make your ride safe and enjoyable, your guides have 45 years of experience and knowledge of the Colorado routes. In addition to cycling, we have 3 partial days built in so that you might enjoy activities like fly fishing, kayaking, rafting, hiking and spa experiences.
Total miles and elevation TBD
- Fly into Denver Airport or meet at our starting hotel on Thursday, July 8, 2022, at 4pm.
- Drop-off time is July 25 at 3pm in Grand Junction. Inquire about the possibly of a van shuttle back to Denver.
- Commercial transfers to and from Denver will be the financial responsibility of the guest. Colorado Mountain Express has very reasonable rates and we will help with scheduling.
MealsAll breakfasts, dinners and picnic lunches on riding days.
All lodging is included
Highlighted Hotels: Wine Country Inn • Westin Aspen • Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge or Hotel Colorado
- Breakfast, picnic lunch and dinner on all riding days
- Cocktail social hour on the first night of each segment.
- Transfers from designated areas on segments 2 and 3 will be provided.
- GPS mapping
- Snacks and refreshments
- Park entry fees
- 2 guides
- Van support
- Transportation to and from off-day activities is included, but guest is responsible for activity fees.
SegmentsSegment I (July 8 – 12, 2022) – Colorado FUNDO
- Guests arriving by air transportation should use a commercial shuttle service from Denver International Airport to Frisco. We can pick you and your bike up at the transfer point in downtown Frisco.
- When departing this tour, you may take the shuttle service back to Denver International at your leisure.
- New guest meet up in Frisco by 4pm on our start date.
- Drop off of guests not continuing on Segment III will be Glenwood for shuttle to Denver International Airport on July 18. Amtrac is available to Denver.
- Guests should fly into Denver or Eagle Vail, CO.
- New guest pick up in Glenwood Springs, CO, on July 18 by noon if you have taken a commercial shuttle to and from Denver International. Airport pickup at Eagle Vail is available any time before 2pm July 18.
- We will drop guests off by 4 pm at Grand Junction Airport on our final day of riding.
- July 08 – 25, 2022
- Segment 1 (July 08 – 12, 2022)
- Segment 2 (July 12 – 17, 2022)
- Segment 3 (July 18 – 25, 2022)
- Priced by segments or as a whole tour.
- Segment 1 - $695 - $1695
- Segment 2 - $2995
- Segment 3 - $3295
- Single Room Supplement - $1700
- RENTAL BIKES:
Road Bike - $195 per segment
Note: Cocktail social hour on the first night of each segment
Short Ride – Frisco to Breckenridge and back (22 miles)
Long Ride – Frisco to Hoosier Pass, Fairplay and back (up to 64 miles)
Short Ride – Frisco to Copper Mountain and back (18 miles)
Long Ride – Frisco to Vail Pass, Vail and back (up to 58 miles)
Short Ride – Swan Mountain loop (20 miles)
Long Ride – Frisco to top of Loveland Pass and back, over Swan Mountain (50 miles)
Short Ride – Frisco to top of Ute Pass and back
Long Ride – Frisco to top of Ute pass and back (46 miles)
Frisco – Vail
31.5 miles; 1847′ elevation
Vail – Tennessee Pass – Minturn – Leadville
38 miles; 3834′ elevation
Leadville – Independence Pass – Aspen
55.2 miles; 3680′ elevation
Maroon Bells and/or Ashcroft cycling and hiking
61.1 miles; 5522′ elevation
Snowmass – Carbondale – Glenwood Springs
42.0 miles; 595′ elevation
Rest day off bikes
Glenwood Springs – Redstone
29.5 miles; 1809′ elevation
Redstone – McClure Pass – Keebler Pass – Crested Butte
57.9 miles; 5494′ elevation
Crested Butte – Gunnison – Black Canyon of the Gunnison – Crawford – Paonia
110 miles; 5805′ elevation
Paonia – Hotchkiss – Orchard City – Cedaredge
30.6 miles; 2175′ elevation
Cedaredge – Grand Mesa – Powderhorn – Palisade
48.2 miles; 4818′ elevation
Grand Junction – CO National Monument – Fruita – Grand Junction
41.1 miles; 2876′ elevation
Palisade Orchard Loop
39.8 miles; 1042′ elevation