Epic Cross Country- Northern Tier Bike Tours
Cycle of Life Adventures is taking our vast experiences of crossing the country on the Southern Tier and going the length of the US along two Epic routes following the Mississippi River and the Appalachian Range to now offering a Northern Tier adventure. We have had a very high demand for this trip over the past couple of years. Now we will be adding The Epic Cross Country – Northern Tier Bike Tour to the schedule for July 2024.
This route will take in the many sights and vistas of the Cascades, Rockies, Appalachian and Adirondack Mountains as we ride from Astoria, OR to Portland, ME. While it will be a challenging ride, (it is not all mountain), we will also travel across the Great Plains and around the Great Lakes. What an extraordinary way to see and experience the wonderful country we live in. This Epic Northern Tier option will include an estimated 3300 miles over 55 days taking you through numerous states and a portion of eastern Canada. The average mileage will be in the 75-80 miles/day range (but of course, this is impacted by availability of lodging) and daily elevations will be determined as the route unfolds. We will work to include 5-7 rest days and several National Parks in our itinerary.
Further details, such as exact dates, pricing, and routes will start to post shortly. There has been a great deal of interest already, so please contact the office to get your name on the waitlist and mailing lists to receive updates. Contact Info@cycleoflifeadventures.com to join our updates list.
- Group breakfast at the Keenland Racetrack track kitchen on morning two.
- A Bourbon tasting tour at Woodford Reserve.
- A guided “Unique Horse Farm Tours” by Shawn Washington. Not to be missed!
- Unbelievable riding, distillery tour, horse farm tour.
- Additional information for local attractions.
- Every day will include shorter casual options and “advanced” options.
- Distances can vary from 15 miles of touring to a choice of century rides.
- This tour qualifies for a 5% discount for returning guests or for groups of 4 plus.
Active (Intermediate) to Advanced
Average 38- 80 miles Daily
Fly into Ithaca or meet at our Starting hotel by 5PM for an orientation dinner.
1 Orientation Dinner
light picnic lunches on riding days
4 nights –Guests choose their own accommodations in Ithaca
- Van Support
- The services of 2 bike tour guides
- Wine tasting at nearby winery
- Orientation dinner
- Meals on off days
- 12% gratuity for guides, mechanics, volunteers and tour staff is not included, but greatly appreciated
- Explore Cornell University vibrant stunning campus, the Cornell plantation, and the famous Lab of Ornithology.
- Visit Taughannock Falls, the tallest single-drop waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains.
- Explore Watkins Glen State Park and its 18 cascading waterfalls and breathtaking gorges.
- Historic Registry Village of Aurora on the east shore of Cayuga.
- Picnic Lunch on the lush grass of Long Point State Park on the shores of Lake Cayuga.
Dates: Coming Summer 2024
To be announced April 1, 2023 and Price are still being determined.
- May 26 – 30, 2023
- Friday – Tuesday
Daily Average: 50+ miles
Daily Elevation Average: 1900+ ft
Meet the group at 5 pm at the Statler Hotel for a group cocktail hour, orientation dinner and time to get to know each other.
Dinner: Taverna Banfi
Ride Details: 38 miles, 2440 ft
Today we will start our tour with a ride through Ithaca, then up and away from Cayuga Lake to Watkins Glen, through the southern part of the Finger Lakes region. The quiet roads and low traffic will let you relax and warm-up for the wonderful weekend to come! Lunch will be in Watkins Glen, located on the southern shore of Seneca Lake. We will ride to Watkins Glens State Park, the most famous of the Finger Lakes State Parks. The ride back to the hotel is optional.
Pedal along the Eastern side of Lake Cayuga. 40 miles in length, Lake Cayuga is the longest of all the Finger Lakes. We’ll stop in the small college town of Aurora, venture to Seneca Falls, then complete our last 30 miles back to our hotel or take the optional shuttle.
Ride Details: 40-80 miles
Lunch: Long Point State Park
Ride Details: A short Shuttle to our start point in Moravia then 57 miles of riding.
Ride Details: long and short options today. 33 miles or up to 71 miles