Gap and C&O Custom Bike Tour
Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) and Chesapeake and Ohio (C&O) Canal Path Gravel Adventure The GAP/C&O are two of the premier gravel route bike tours in the USA, showing off our Rails-to-trails system, traveling from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington, DC. These two combine for 335 miles of great car-free trails, with tons of local history, charm and cultural aspects.
- Cuyahoga National Park Amish country
- Traffic free riding trails
- Underground Railroad history
- Bridge of Dreams covered bridge Little Miami State Park
Recreational – Intermediate
Minimum Group Size
- If flying in, make your reservations to Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT).
- When flying out, airport drop off will be at Ronald Reagan International Airport.
- Shuttle service back to Pittsburgh is not available. Options are: You may ship your bike home, fly home, take Amtrak back to Pittsburgh, or rent a one-way Enterprise car rental back to Pittsburgh for you and your bike. Optional Pick up and transport from DC may be available at the start of the tour.
All meals are included
All lodging is included
- All lodging
- Transfers to and from the airport
- All breakfasts, dinners and picnic lunches on riding days
- Cocktail social hours on the 1st evening of each tour
- Van support
- GPS mapping
- 1 or more experienced guides
- This could be designed as an eight day tour
- 12% gratuity for guides, mechanics, volunteers, and tour staff is not included, but greatly appreciated
This is a point-to-point trip: Pittsburgh, PA to Washington, DC. Please make the correct travel arrangements.
Suggested Travel Months
May through November
Aug 24-30, 2023 ( Thurs – Wed)
Sept 1-7, 2023 (Fri- Thurs)
6 Days | 6 Nights
- Single Room - $600
- Rental bikes will not be available for this tour.
Pittsburgh to Ohiopyle
77.8 miles; 1882 ft elevation
Ohiopyle to Cumberland
74.3 miles; 2533 ft elevation
Cumberland to Hancock
60.4 miles; 590 ft elevation
Hancock to Harpers Ferry
60.5 miles; 1293 ft elevation
Layover day in Harpers Ferry – additional miles and walking tour at Antietam Battlefield
Harpers Ferry to George town/DC terminus
62.4 miles; 513 ft elevation