Kentucky Four Day Bike Tour
This 4-day Kentucky cycling and social event is designed for rider levels from recreational to advanced. The design of this tour keeps us in north Lexington, Kentucky, for all four nights. There will be one low cost of $695 per person for up to four days of riding and included activities and services. The group ride will be limited to the first 20 riders. We will ride some quiet, one lane roads in great little towns near: Versailles, Woodford, Georgetown, Paris and Lexington.
The Kentucky Horse country is an ideal cycling location. Lexington is less than an 8-hours driving time from some of the larger population centers, east of the Mississippi. Some of these cities include: Chicago, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Atlanta and Nashville.
The topography of the land is rolling. So, coasting down one hill often carries you to the top of the next. Central Kentucky is rich in limestone which contributes to the lush Bluegrass, clean fresh water and the ideal environment for the thoroughbred industry. In a 35-mile radius of Lexington, there are more than 500 thoroughbred horse farms. Every ride takes you past miles of fenced pastures and many magnificent creatures.
The wonderful water quality also makes for some of the best distilled “spirits” in the world. In and around Bourbon County, KY, are dozens of distilleries, all of which offer tours of their manufacturing facilities led by colorful guides. Their processes are similiar, but their products all taste a bit different. Have fun, try a tasting, but don’t drink and ride.
- Group breakfast at the Keenland Racetrack track kitchen on morning two.
- A Bourbon tasting tour at Woodford Reserve.
- A guided “Unique Horse Farm Tours” by Shawn Washington. Not to be missed!
- Unbelievable riding, distillery tour, horse farm tour.
- Additional information for local attractions.
- Every day will include shorter casual options and “advanced” options.
- Distances can vary from 15 miles of touring to a choice of century rides.
- This tour qualifies for a 5% discount for returning guests or for groups of 4 plus.
Travel & Lodging Logistics
- Fly in and out of Lexington Bluegrass Airport.
- Arrive to the starting hotel for cocktails and dinner by 5pm on Friday, May 27. Riding will start on the morning of Saturday, May 28. Our final ride will complete on Tuesday, May 31 by 3pm.
- Once you register, you will need to make a reservation at GLo – Best Western. You will make your own deposit to guarantee your space. If no rooms are available online, call our office to ask if we have any extra rooms available under our reservation. Room rates for 2 doubles or a king start at $106 per night, per room plus tax on hotels.com
- A very nice breakfast buffet is available and Cracker Barrel is steps away.
Guests are responsible for their own meals on this bicycle trip.
Guests are responsible for their own accommodations on this “Fundo” trip (see Travel & Lodging Logistics above).
- All maps and GPS routing
- Van support at 5-15 mile intervals
- Mechanical support (tipping suggested)
- Energy drinks and riding snacks.
- A casual catered dinner and a complimentary Wine and Brew social on our first evening.
- An occasional van ride for those who are tired.
- One Group Activity
- 12% gratuity for guides, mechanics, volunteers and tour staff is not included, but greatly appreciated
Guests will pay for their own rooms, their own meals and will be responsible for their own transportation and bicycle shipment. A block of rooms is reserved at the GLo- Best Western in North Lexington and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You and your group may opt to rent a VRBO or Airbnb in the local area.
Round-trip transportation service for a rider and a bicycle to and from the Lexington, KY airport can be arranged for $75 per person.
- Event Highlights: Unbelievable riding, distillery tour, horse farm tour. Additional information for local attractions, Available Mechanic (tipping suggested).
- Every day will include shorter casual options and “advanced” options. Distances can vary from 15 miles of touring to a choice of century rides. This tour qualifies for a 5% discount for returning guests or for groups of 4 plus.
- Ride with GPS mapping available upon registration. Rides may vary slightly if construction or closures occur. Click on a route in the map below to see mileage and elevation.
- May 26 – 30, 2023
- Friday – Tuesday
Orientation: Casual Dinner/Beer and Wine Social (included in your package) 6 pm – 7:30 pm on the night before we ride.
Short Ride: Lexington – Versailles – loop – shuttle to Woodford Reserve Bourbon Tasting Tour (1pm)
Long Ride: Lexington – Versailles – Woodford loop (67 miles)
Short Ride: Lexington – Paris – Lexington Loop (35+ miles); Afternoon available for your choice of activities in town – shuttle available to Wild Turkey Distillery
Long Ride: Lexington – Winchester – Paris – Lexington (60 miles)
Short Ride: Lexington – Legacy Trail – Horse Park and back (16 miles); Tickets for Unique Horse Farm Tours are complimentary
Long Ride: Lexington – Legacy Trail – Georgetown Loop (47 miles); 3:00 PM Memorial Day Picnic at the Kentucky Horse Park
Short Ride: Lexington – Keenland – Calumet Loop (25 Miles)
Long Ride: Lexington – Keeneland – Midway – Versailles – Lexington (70 miles)