Shenandoah Custom Bike Tour
While on the West Virginia “Wild and Wonderful” Fundo tour, we fell in love with the area and the neighboring mountains of Virginia. In 2019, we decided this is ideal riding in these two states. With a name like “Wild and Wonderful “and “VA is for Lovers”, you can’t go wrong. These two states are packed with Civil War history, farming and coal heritage, outdoor activities, raw natural beauty and good ole southern hospitality that will create a memorable cycling and adventure experience you should not miss.
- Cuyahoga National Park Amish country
- Traffic free riding trails
- Underground Railroad history
- Bridge of Dreams covered bridge Little Miami State Park
Active – Advanced
Minimum Group Size
32 – 90 miles daily
Our daily rides are designed for what we would call a “fit” rider because of the short, steep hills. Daily distances will range between 32 and 80 miles depending on the terrain for the day. Thus, we would classify this tour as appropriate for the “Active” level of Rider, not necessarily the Advanced rider.
Fly in and out of the Roanoke Airport
All meals are included
All lodging is included
- All upscale lodging
- Transfers to and from the airport
- All breakfasts, dinners and picnic lunches on riding days
- Cocktail social hour on the 1st evening
- Van support
- GPS mapping
- 2 or more experienced guides
- Guided walking tour of Historic Lexington and the VA Equestrian Center
- Meals on days off
- 12% gratuity for guides, mechanics, volunteers, and tour staff is not included, but greatly appreciated
Suggested Travel Months
May through October
Aug 24-30, 2023 ( Thurs – Wed)
Sept 1-7, 2023 (Fri- Thurs)
6 Days | 6 Nights
We meet at the Inn in Lexington, VA
Lexington – Natural Bridge Loop – Lexington.
45 miles; 3754′ elevation gain
Lexington – Rockbridge Baths – Longdale State Park – Healing Springs.
43 miles; 3875′ elevation gain
Healing Springs – Warm Springs – Minnehaha Springs – Marlinton, WV.
42.9 miles; 2624′ elevation gain
Marlington – Cass – Snowshoe.
27-53 miles; 2700 – 4921′ elevation gain
Cass – George Washington National Forest – Goshen Springs.
up to 90 miles if desired; 5079′ elevation gain
Goshen – Steeles Tavern – Blue Ridge Pkwy – Lexington.
29 – 62.9 miles; 1400 – 5779′ elevation gain
Total Miles: up to 336